Welcome! Arrangements, compositions, & thoughts by Christine Monson. Audio clips are down the right side of the blog--some may not work, I never know--comments are appreciated! Things may still have mistakes or in progress (minus voice)--please be understanding--new ones will be posted when completed. To have time, money, and connections--just a young wife & mother sharing what I've been blessed with as I can now. Thanks for coming, wish to say leave inspired, but maybe someday!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
I need a Music Therapist! I need a music mentor!
One child asleep, one on a playdate. So what to do? I can either practice my songs, which I want to do, or I can write this & figure out for what purpose I'm practicing. Of course I could also go & do any of the other million things moms get to do, like cleaning house, organizing papers, doing scrapbooks & photo albums. So do I need someone to encourage me, to tell me that there are things I can do with it & there's reasons I should, to tell me I really am good & I'm not just someone pretending to be good, not just in this role, but so many others? Do I need someone to tell me that just take it one day at a time & there's no rush to do anything. I get afraid that I'll die without having recorded, written, sung, performed what I need to--if I can at least have a decent recording, update my kids' journals, finish their scrapbooks & baby books, then I'll feel like I at least am not leaving something that someone else can't do for me. I think practicing's going to win out for now. But I'll post this anyway & then maybe come back to it. I need a music therapist--maybe I'll call them music mentors that I need, people who love music, who perform it to be good & not just because they have talents in it & enjoy it, who understand that everyone has different abilities & purposes in music (we're all not concert musicians nor private teachers), who understand that music is at once extraneous & at the same time vital, lifegiving, & necessary, who understand that sometimes music is a calling, spiritual in nature, but who understand that there are so many other roles & responsibilities--much more important ones like mother & wife & friend, that music needs to be fit just in the right way around so it doesn't overtake those roles & responsibilities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know the perfect person to fill that role.
ReplyDeleteYou.
You are amazing Chris, and have so much to give. I wish I could give you what you need, but it sounds like you know what you need and I'm always so afraid of letting people down. So until I know where to fit in to the picture, I'll be your cheerleader and your biggest fan. You just need to believe in yourself, your abilities, and pray for the necessary doors to be opened for you. He answers the righteous desires of our hearts. I think you are amazing and marvelous. I'm always floored by your talents and abilities and feel so honored to be your sista. Thanks for fulfilling a part of me know one else in this world can. When we perform together, the music and spirit is beyond anything I ever dreamed of feeling or creating. Thank you, Chris. I'm more excited to see how you get "there" than seeing you "there." It's going to be a grand journey.
Just saw your comment--took me 2 months. Thanks Amy. I love you!
ReplyDelete