Welcome! Arrangements, compositions, & thoughts by Christine Monson. Audio clips are down the right side of the blog--some may not work, I never know--comments are appreciated! Things may still have mistakes or in progress (minus voice)--please be understanding--new ones will be posted when completed. To have time, money, and connections--just a young wife & mother sharing what I've been blessed with as I can now. Thanks for coming, wish to say leave inspired, but maybe someday!
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Links to my arrangements. Again, this is a one-take shot at this, with me recording piano & voice simultaneously (you can hear the lovely clicking of my fingernails). Some are better than others. Just understand that I am first a pianist and composer, and then a singer--and not only secondly a singer, but a singer who has to sing sitting down at the piano, while trying to keep my voice from wanting to follow my fingers in some very intense and complex music. No matter what, feel the Spirit they bring. These are very personal arrangements and compositions, borne of some very poignant experiences and feelings for my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and their restored Gospel. I so try using the talents I've been given to create, using key structure, chords, and voicing, music that will as closely and fully as possible tell the story the words tell or share the feelings they elicit. I try to not only reflect the words, but create an integral complement to them. I hope I have done my best in being a steward for these compositions, and arrangements, and gifts, and hope I can do more to share them fully with as many as I can.
Click on the links to the right for August 2012's recording effort.
--I Stand All Amazed, arrangement, words and music from the LDS hymnbook.
--I Stand All Amazed, piano only
--Savior, Redeemer of My Soul--words by Elder Orson F. Whitney an early-20th-century LDS Apostle--music by me
--Good Shepherd, My Savior, Lamb of God--a song I wrote earlier this year, in harmony with The Lord Is My Shepherd
--O My Father, arrangement, words and music in the LDS hymnbook
--I Trust in Him, a song I wrote a couple of months ago
--Lord, Take My Hand--an English translation of the German lyrics were included in the life history of a wonderful German woman down the street who heard them as she fled on a train before the Russian army at the end of WWII. I wrote the music earlier this year, a couple of months before she passed away at the age of 91.
--Where Can I Turn for Peace, arrangement, words and music in the LDS hymnbook
--A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, arrangement, words and music in the LDS hymnbook
--Be Still, My Soul--arrangement, words and music in the LDS hymnbook
--Joseph Smith's First Prayer--arrangement, words and music in the LDS hymnbook
Ones I still need to record, again--Come, Come, Ye Saints, How Great Thou Art, The Mercy of Our God (a new song), Where Shepherds Lately Knelt (another new song), I Will Be Your Light (new song), Lead, Kindly Light, and I Know That My Redeemer Lives and The Light of the world (a medley), which both require two voices. And a couple of the above are in desperate need of a re-recording--or even better, a better singer--any sopranos out there, who have a recording studio at their disposal so we don't have to pay for recording?!? All I can say is if my effort is a labor of love, I would love to find a recording studio willing to do this as a labor of love also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment