Welcome! Arrangements, compositions, & thoughts by Christine Monson. Audio clips are down the right side of the blog--some may not work, I never know--comments are appreciated! Things may still have mistakes or in progress (minus voice)--please be understanding--new ones will be posted when completed. To have time, money, and connections--just a young wife & mother sharing what I've been blessed with as I can now. Thanks for coming, wish to say leave inspired, but maybe someday!
Friday, July 31, 2009
****So What Are All These Titles with No Blog? Blips, Blurbs, or Blunders?
I love to write--I could write forever, especially when I don't have to worry if anyone will ever read it (& maybe nobody will ever read this!). Maybe I'm writing this for me, so it really doesn't matter. But I do enjoy writing--it is therapeutic, and after all, musicology was my graduate study, not piano, even if I did find out that I really don't like the research at all--and found out that my passions and loves really are composing, arranging, and performing. It may be hard for someone to get through what I write here, since I tend to write a LOT, be wordy, ramble on and drift about, and then come back in a circular arc to where I started, not really feeling like we got anywhere. But there are many things I have an interest in writing about that I don't want to forget, and since right now I have much more pressing, important matters, like children that need immediate and focused attention and play and care and a husband that needs love and support, I'm recording the titles so I don't have to have them rolling around in my mind anywhere. But someday...maybe someday all these titles will be blogs. And someday may I'll finish commentaries on the rest of my songs--that's what I'm really looking forward to! But for now, just muse on what Funerals R Us--Knowles Funerals Inc., means, and why there's such a difference between how athletes are measured and how musicians are measured, and why athletic games can be so much more exciting than musical performances (can be, that is--they don't have to be, though), and why music is first and foremost about communication, not skill (and how many who take the obligatory piano lessons are prevented from really understanding and appreciating that), and...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment