I'm Forever Yours, You're Forever Mine
Each time I see you, it's like before.
My heart again is taken; I love you even more.
Your eyes can pierce right through me, and see into my soul.
You see the very best in me, and realize my destiny.
You help me reach the goal.
I'm forever yours, and you're forever mine,
And we forever one may be
Beyond the end of time.
And hand in hand we walk,
Where'er the road may lead.
Through joy and tears, through the years,
Our love will lead us home--to share eternity.
The way may not be easy, the path may not be sure,
But if we lift each other, together we'll endure,
Eyes focused on the Savior, whose love for us is pure.
In His hands we put our trust, to make us one, and lead us home
For all eternity.
I'm forever yours, and you're forever mine,
And we forever one may be
Through His love divine.
And hand in hand we walk,
Where'er the road may lead.
Through joy and tears, through the years,
Our love will lead us home--to share eternity.
Our love will forge us together, as a fortress without fear,
Where our children can take shelter, and learn all that we hold dare.
A beacon ever brighter, through each passing year.
He will be our light, He will be our guide.
Our Savior ever near.
I'm forever yours, and you're forever mine,
And we forever one may be
Through His love divine.
And hand in hand we walk,
Where'er the road may lead.
Through joy and tears, through the years,
Our love will lead us home--to share eternity.
For all eternity.
It took me a relatively long time to find my husband (it took him even longer). However, I made up for lost time in a hurry, stepping into the role of both wife and stepmom of 3 (2 full time), ages 6, 9, and 11 when I was 32. The day I first saw my husband's profile on the LDS singles website, I had made a conscious choice that I really needed to find someone with who was raising children on his own--I knew I was supposed to be a stepmom--after that conscious choice, everything literally fell into place. A month into our courtship, though, I realized this was not going to be easy--in fact, I remember crying with my husband, saying I just didn't know if I could do it. These were children who were scarred from a rough few years of their lives and who needed some tender love, guidance, and care to help them to be successful. I didn't know if I was strong enough to provide that. There was something so wonderful, so easy, so natural in our relationship, something I had never experienced before and really had not really thought possible. It was something that was worth taking the risk for, and knowing that we shared that love, we would be able to do it. The other thing I knew was, though we had our weaknesses and imperfections and the road may have looked tough, we had absolute faith that the Lord would lead us if we would do our part and that all things would work out for the good of us and our children. That ultimately would be, with the love for and commitment to each other and our family, all we would really need.
About a month before we were married, in fact just after we found out, to my utter elation, that we would be able to be married in the temple and could do it so soon, I wanted to compose a song that summed up our relationship and the step we were taking that would lead to an pathway on which we would walk eternally together. I started working on it alone, planning to keep it as a surprise, so that I could sing it to him at our wedding. After a couple of weeks, though, I found myself stuck with the lyrics and told him what I was doing and that I thought we should do it together. It was so fun to come together with our individual ideas and watch them take shape into an expression of love and faith that has really become the theme for our lives and that we have sung many, many times on many different occasions since. We were finalizing it way into the wee hours of the night (or morning) before our wedding, having had our reception the night before, and we sung it at our wedding breakfast (although I didn't have the chords for the bridge firmly in my mind at the time). I know not everybody has the opportunity and it doesn't have to be part of a relationship, but I personally am grateful my husband can sing and that we can make beautiful music together. It has been a blessing to us--a strength to us--that we can come together in some way, even when the world around us seems to be so unstable, and create something that beautifully reminds us again that we are in this together, to remind us that we are in love, that even though it may not be easy, He will provide us the strength and help we need so that we can "come home" and bring our children with us. The way truly has not been easy, but it has been a wonderful journey that continues to have a bright future, especially as we continue to endure faithfully and well and just trust Him. We have brought two more beautiful children into the world, and though our other three children have their various challenges (as well as successes) and though our relationships with them today may not all be quite as we would have imagined or hoped for six years ago, we know the Lord is providing a way for each of them, too, so that they may travel, if they will follow Him, the road together with us, then with a companion of their choosing--and most importantly, we all want to travel the road with our Savior, Jesus Christ, so that He can lead us, and provide the way for us, so that we may share eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment