Welcome! Arrangements, compositions, & thoughts by Christine Monson. Audio clips are down the right side of the blog--some may not work, I never know--comments are appreciated! Things may still have mistakes or in progress (minus voice)--please be understanding--new ones will be posted when completed. To have time, money, and connections--just a young wife & mother sharing what I've been blessed with as I can now. Thanks for coming, wish to say leave inspired, but maybe someday!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
****All About Me--Part 2--What Really Matters Most****
Since I don't have any more room in my About Me section, this is About Me Part Two--the real version, since music is still only a small part of my life. I'm doing the thumbnail version right now--maybe I'll go more in depth later. I'm a busy mother of many--full-time to a 2-year-old, 1-year-old, and 14-year-old, part-time to an 11-year-old & 17-year-old--and an even busier wife and manager of the household and of our many business and real estate interests (for better or worse). I've been married six years--got married a little later than most, but I made up for it really fast. I live in Utah--Wasatch Front--and not Utah Valley and not Salt Lake Valley. That's detailed enough for that. I have my bachelor's degree in piano, although I do a lot of singing also and I played violin through high school. I love to accompany and improvise-arrange more than anything else I do musically. It is satisfying to collaborate in some way with another. I have a couple of compositions, but I think I've explained that already. After college, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do in music, so I ended up working full-time in health care then decided I at least needed to do some graduate work and eventually ended up at BYU in Musicology for a year. Though I did not finish my degree, I gained a lot of experience and perspective that year that's directed me in many ways since (and I still managed to have a foot in the real world still through working in health care part-time). Sometimes my problem has been that I do too many things well, but not well enough to be as good as you need to be to really look like you're highly successful at it. I also don't have the personality or focus and maybe talent to go all the way with any of them. But I enjoy everything, from showing young whippersnappers that an over-35-year-old woman can teach them how to really play volleyball (or at least play right up there with them if they really do know) or holding my own against nearly anyone (OK--maybe not a college basketball player) within 4-6 inches of me (guy or girl) in basketball (all the while admittedly looking like I'm an over 35-year-old-mother who never grew up), to being a walking demonstration that you can be blonde and a little scattered (not scatterbrained) at times and still be smart, deep, and on top of things (or at least cognizant of what it will take to be on top of them). I love everything--I love the world & its beauties and the particularities of everything and people--I really love everything a little too much to want to give my life to any one thing (except the Gospel & my family & well, music--at least I know the real calling with my talents is music--I can still enjoy everything else though and serve in whatever way I can! Can't forget that!). I just keep plugging away and hope that I will meet the "where much is given, much is expected" thing without damaging it with the "we are all given weaknesses" thing. I guess that's what the Gospel's all about, right! Keep smiling! And keep progressing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment