Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Stand All Amazed

I Stand All Amazed

3 comments:

  1. This is the first one I've had the chance to listen to. The piano sounds really clear, really nice--maybe that has something to do with the pianist? Was it done with a digital grand piano sound? At any rate, I love the quality. There are so few mistakes (like I would be able to tell anyway....). When it first started to play on my computer, it took my breath away. How could I possibly be related to this instrument, this person to whom this complicatedly simple music seems to flow so effortlessly out of? The Lord has been good to me, and very good to you.
    I always marvel at the complexity in the progression of your songs. All of the key changes, all of the ins and outs with minor, major, etc.; and yet it still flows so effortlessly. The piano conveys in musicality what the words convey in the song--such a poignant, piercing message.
    I would love to sing this one some time. I remember you saying this one is a challenge to sing and I can see how, especially without written music, that would be the case. It'll help to get it now that you have it recorded.
    Well, I don't know how I'm related to you, but I'm glad I'm am. "I Stand All Amazed....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it but I find it easier to play in A major or B flat, just up a step or two. Piece of cake, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're funny! How many hours a day do you play your trombone as you listen to the music on your ipod?

    ReplyDelete